Testimonials from Last Year
"Excellent retreat! It exceeded my expectations. There was a real warm and collaborative spirit within the group as well as the leaders."
"It was a wonderful rhythm of teaching, feedback, and space."
"Exceeded my expectations."
Start off the New Year with us!
We would love for you to join us in San Antonio, Texas at the beautiful Oblate Renewal Center for our 2019 ESDA Gathering. The Oblate is conveniently located less than four miles from the San Antonio International Airport making ground travel very accessible and inexpensive.
- When: Thursday, January 10 - Sunday, January 13, 2019
- Topic: We will be exploring the connection between Body, Mind, and Spirit.
Our guest speaker will be Dr. Genalin Niere-Metcalf. Genalin has her degrees in psychology (PsyD), spiritual formation (MA) and nursing (RN) and is a trained spiritual director. Her education and experience give her a valuable perspective on the integration of the whole person in spiritual growth.
You won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn, connect and refresh your mind, body and spirit with other spiritual directors!
2019 ESDA Gathering - Event Overview
Thursday, January 10, 2019
- Registration will begin at 4 p.m., followed by dinner at 6 p.m.
- Our gathering will begin with an evening social to provide a rich, yet relaxed time to connect with fellow spiritual directors.
Friday, January 11, 2019
- We begin our first full day with breakfast and morning liturgy, followed by the morning session "The Body and the Spiritual Life."
- After lunch you will be provided with personal time to prayerfully walk through a Body, Mind, Spirit personal inventory returning together for group spiritual direction.
- Dinner will be a catered, Texas Style meal designed to remind y’all you are in the Lone Star State!
- During the evening session we will explore various types of healing prayer and discuss potential ethical issues of using healing prayer in spiritual direction.
- To conclude our day, we will gather for Compline.
Saturday, January 12, 2019
- Breakfast and morning liturgy will again precede our morning session "The Emotions and the Spiritual Life."
- After lunch there will be a variety of optional workshops, and after dinner we will enjoy a panel discussion addressing Spiritual Direction with Trauma Victims.
- Our evening will conclude with a Taize service and communion.
Sunday, January 13, 2019
- Our final morning will also begin with breakfast and morning liturgy, followed by our final session "The Spirit and the Spiritual Life."
- Assembling together into small groups will provide an opportunity to process how the Lord has been moving in each of our hearts.
- Our Gathering will conclude just prior to lunch with prayer.
Prices are per person and include meals.
The deadline for registration is December 10, 2018.
When selecting double occupancy, you will share a room with another ESDA Gathering guest. Please contact us if you intend to share a room with a particular guest.
ESDA 2019 Gathering
There are various forms of ground transportation to and from the San Antonio airport. Shuttle and Uber rates are approximately $15 one way.